Shadowrocket app for iPhone and iPad
176 ratings )
Current version: 2.1.9
, last update: 11 months ago
First release : 13 Apr 2015
App size: 19.58 Mb
Rule based proxy utility client for iPhone/iPad.
- Capture all HTTP/HTTPS/TCP traffic from any applications on your device, and redirect to proxy server.
- Record and display HTTP, HTTPS, DNS request from your iOS devices.
- Configure rules using domain match, domain suffix, domain keyword, CIDR IP range, and/or GeoIP lookup.
- Measure traffic usage and network speed on WiFi, cellular, direct and proxy connections.
- Import rule files from URL or iCloud Drive.
- Block ads by domain, user agent rules.
- Local DNS Mapping.
- Work on cellular network.
- Decrypt HTTPS traffic.
- Perform URL rewrite.
- Fully IPv6 supports.
Pros and cons of Shadowrocket app for iPhone and iPad
Shadowrocket app good for
Shadowsocks works great, but ssr doesnt work in my setup. Protocol: auth sha1, obfs: tls1.2
Widgets has some bugs on iPhone 6s. I can not build a connection but only can disconnect from the server.
it can be used as conversational VPN for security enhancements through public wifi.
also can be used as a custom firewall filter.
Some bad moments
Seems dns function still has problem. My SS proxy works fine on mac. Just not on iPhone iPad
It worked for a short while in March and early April, didnt work well in before that and doesnt work now.
The internal browser goes through proxy but this app fails to work as a proxy client in iphone.
The internal browser works most of time, but the proxy function is very unstable, have to restart the app from time to time. A reliable way to use shadow socks is to run it on a PC and use LAN proxy. Other means I tired all failed under iOS 9.x.
It do not stable enough, even it could not stand for a second.
Good apps for people in mainland China who need free internet, and please add support for iPad with a classic looking UI